International Copper Association India
The International Copper Association India (ICAI) is a member of Copper Alliance and the Indian arm of the International Copper Association Limited (ICA), the leading not for profit organization for the promotion of copper worldwide set up in 1959.
ICA India was formed in 1998 to actively associate with the growing number of copper users in India. The objective is to “Defend and grow markets for copper based on its superior technical performance and its contribution to a higher quality of life worldwide”.
ICA India conducts various programs in the interest of Electrical Safety, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability. Employing a mix of market development and regulation advocacy approach to encourage the use of copper.
Thereby, accelerating changes and transforming the long-term markets for Copper in a sustainable way through its various major initiatives such as:
- Encourage safe house wiring practices in the Building Construction sector.Increase awareness of Power Quality through Asia Power Quality Initiative (APQI) Platform.
- Propagate the use of Energy Efficient Motors for energy savings in Industries.Promote 5 mm Microgroove Copper Tube heat exchangers technology to OEMs.
- Promote the use of High Energy Efficient Motors and Copper Motor Rotors to Industries.
- Reduce distribution losses in the Power sector through the use of low loss Distribution Transformers.
- Encourage Renewable Energy Technologies like solar water heaters.
ICA India drives its initiatives through seminars, workshops and training programs across India in collaboration with other organizations, institutions and trade bodies. It also publishes technical handbooks and information booklets and brochures aimed at spreading general awareness of the benefits of Copper. The organization receives support from its global-level members and from major Indian copper producers, fabricators, cable and wire manufacturers and EE motor manufacturers. Other global development organizations also support some of ICA India programs.
About ICA and Copper Alliance
ICA and the Copper Alliance™ are responsible for guiding policy and strategy and for funding international initiatives and promotional activities. Headquartered in New York, the organization has offices in four primary regions: Asia, Europe and Africa, Latin America and North America.
Copper Alliance™ programs and initiatives are executed in nearly 60 countries through its regional offices and 26 copper promotion centers. This network of global copper centers and industry leading members have been unified under a common brand and visual identity referred to as Copper Alliance™.